Monday, February 2, 2009

2009 - The Year of Gratitude


I always thought it was funny how some of our friends would have a theme for the year. They would announce it at their birthday parties, then reminisce about past themes. "Remember '02 is was the year of You" etc. Well this year so far I seem to really be dwelling on Gratitude, so why not make it a year of Gratitude.



What is making me so grateful? Well I realized over Christmas break that we are so "friend-rich". We have great friends. It took awhile to really find our people in Wenatchee. Not that these are new friends, its just seemed to have spend more time with them this year.



We have a very abundant life. We live part of the year here and part of the year on Cape Cod. We seem to have freedom from want, and what we can't get.....well we realize that we don't really need it. It seems that as we try to pair down we recieve more. More of what? Well it is usually the stuff that you can't buy and the stuff that means more. That is to say less stuff, more real life.



We are grateful that we have a happy child who is as funny as we are. She keeps us laughing and amazed daily.



I am grateful for Facebook. It gives me great joy to reconnect with people who have been far from me for so long. Who would have thought that my best friend and fellow Duran Duran lover would find me after all these years.



My husband is grateful for Craiglist. It gives him great joy to reconnect with all those old cars and tools from years past. Who would have thought that those relics would actually end up in our yard. He enjoys nothing better than bringing back to life something that someone threw out as useless.



And I'm sure the list will get longer as we think about it more. So here is to the Year of Gratitude! Cheers!

No comments: